We were lucky enough to be invited to play a show once again at Albany Road, Manchester, where excellent shows have been taking place for about two years now. It could be a little longer than that, but more to the point it is an incredible place to play a show, where all the bands are made to not only feel at home but like part of the family. They cook amazing food and basically throw the most incredible gigs/parties I've ever attended in the UK. So thanks to them, and all the other bands we played with on Saturday the 18th. I very much doubt the UK will see so many emo bands play one show at the same time (eight of us played!) for a very long time, if ever again.
There was a rumour that the aforementioned show would be our last. It absolutely was not. It may well be our last in a while, as is the way things are these days, but we fully intend to keep doing stuff with the band as and when we can.
You can still buy our records from a few places:
Split 7" with Twisted: http://artforblind.bandcamp.com/track/what-price-wonderland-side
It Is True, It Is Shakey LP & Split 7" with Syn*Error: http://paradeofspectres.blogspot.com/
We are currently in the process of remastering everything we have released from Claim onwards - i.e, what we still have the masters for - which will be released for free. Keep an eye on this blog/and or 'like' us on Facebook for updates on this.
The first of these remasters is our second LP, It Is True It Is Shakey. You can hear them on YouTube below, but we will be uploading 320s and .wavs in the near future:
Other things we are up to right now as follows;
- La Boite Diabolique - poppy post-punk band with reverb, they have a demo tape out on Coffee Beat Casettes, which is Joe and Phil's - who plays bass in LBD - casette label. They also have a 7" which will be out on SNCL at some point in the near future.
- Littlefoot - Joe's moniker for his DJ'ing and production of garage/weird laser music. He has an ep out on Well Rounded records, which is a fantastic label releasing some of the most forward thinking dance music around right now.
- Sneinton - Joe's new band, they sound like sad summer evenings alone with a luke-warm beer. Part of the summer band challenge.
- Bird Calls - groovy, up-tempo emo. Now with added breakdowns. Absolutely brilliant band featuring not only James, but ex-Twisted drummer Max on guitar and Sam Knight of being in 800 bands fame. You can hear their tape, which is available from Art For Blind, here.
- Lost Tapes From The Federal Sessions - I may have a vested interest in this (I designed it), but this is a fucking great 'zine. It's now sold out, but we're talking about doing a second issue. Considering the amount of time and effort that went in to producing issue one, I'm not sure any second issue will come to fruition in the near future, but who knows.
- Illustration - I've mostly been concentrating on drawing rather than music. I recently released a 'zine called 'Real Men: The Lost Art of the Football 'Tache' which you can buy from my website. I've also done t-shirt designs for the incredible Human Hands and Sofa King.
- An as yet unnamed and unpracticed band with Rob and Chaz of Human Hands, part of the summer band challenge.
All the best,